Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days
Short Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
If you do not have that much time on your hands while visiting Peru, and still want to Hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, this would be your perfect option.Extraordinary landscapes, amazingly diverse ecological landscapes,great variety of flora and fauna, the 2-days Inca Trail to Machu Picchu presents originally preserved cobblestones and allows you to visit one of the most important Inca complex on the way, WiĂ±ayhuayna (also called âForever Youngâ)and ends with the impressive Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The difference between our service called "Hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu" and that of other companies is that we will take care of everything from the moment you have decided to go trekking with us until we safely bring you back to the hotel we picked you up from. You will just have to enjoy the fantastic scenery along the way and nothing more.
You will not carry anything, except a small day pack, with your bottle water and camera.
Also, it is our policy the fair treatment of our staff and porters, providing them with good food, shelter and decent salary.
We are proud to say that we run Ecological safe trips and that we try to recycle everything possible.
All the inorganic and human waste is collected in different containers and taken back to Cusco, to be disposed of at the local dump.
All entrance fees, bus/train tickets and transportation included.
IMPORTANT: Your Passport detailisneeded for the Machu Picchu Day Trip (Full name and Passport ID). Plus it is always nice to add the infamous stamp to your collection.
- Cusco is our base for this great expedition, a wonderful place full of culture, history, good restaurants and fun nightlife: it is recommended to arrive at least one day earlier (3 days is even better as there is really plenty to do) for a better acclimatization and to enjoy some of the treats the city has to offer : nearby Inca ruins at Sacsayhuaman, Qâenko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, as well as spending a day or two exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas visiting the tradition market town of Pisac and the fascinating Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo.
- A night is spent in the colorful town of Aguas Calientes.
- Day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco : walking past mysterious archaeological sites, half covered by jungle overgrowth, that looks like you are discovering them for the first time.
- Going through the Inti PunKu (Gates of the Sun) where a magnificent view of the lost city of the Incas Machupicchu will be printed in your mind forever, alongside a guided tour of the sacred city.
- Over 250 species of orchid have been counted in the Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary, as well as numerous birds such as hummingbirds, waterfalls and the majestic Andean Condor. You might even have the chance to get a glimpse of the spectacled bear â a shy, herbivorous animal that is extremely rare and close to extinction
DAY 01: CUSCO Â CHACHABAMBA Â WIĂ±AYWAYNA Â MACHU PICCHU
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel and transport you to the Train Station at Ollantaytambo; where we will take the train to get to the starting point of the trek at Km 104. The transfer between the bus and train will be approximately 3 or 4 hours. Along the way we will see beautiful landscapes, mountains, Andean towns, snow capped mountains, and valleys, especially the Sacred Valley. This route will take us to the beginning of the trek and will take us even further down to the “Ceja de Selva” (Jungle) and the Urubamba River showing us all of its' natural beauty.
Once we arrive to Km 104 (the starting point of the trek) we will be close to the principal gate in order to check in and start our big adventure to Machu Picchu. The first archeological center we will visit is Chachabamba (2,050 msnm), which is known for its' beautiful construction and location in the valley that still preserves its' architecture intact. After that, we will ascend slowly for about 3 hours to the fascinating archeological center of Wiñaywayna (2,650 msnm), where we will enjoy its' charms and eat our box lunch. After a short break, we will continue through the semi-tropical forest to the mystic Intipunku (Sun Gate), where we will appreciate the first panoramic view of the enigmatic citadel of Machu Picchu, surrounded by impressive mountain peaks, deep valleys, and the Urubamba River. From Intipunku we will descend for almost 30 minutes to the citadel and we will take a break at the top to rest and take pictures. Finally, we will take the bus to Aguas Calientes (2,030 meters), where we will spend the night in the chosen hotel, where we have the opportunity to visit the hot springs of that the city is named for.
After a good rest we will get together with the group to have dinner.
DAY 02: MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY
We enjoy our breakfast and then take the bus at 8am up to Machu Picchu. A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves.
Optional: Huayna Picchu Sacred Mountain, âlimited to 400 spaces per dayâ, so we highly recommend you to book in advance -> if you still have some energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu Sacred Mountain (2720m/8923ft)! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top, the entrance fee is at extra cost and you might need to skip the Machu Picchu tour to be able to climb this mountain.
Once you feel you have enough of the sacred site, we take the bus back to the village of Aguas Calientes where you can enjoy the tiny but colorful city.
We take the afternoon train Ollantaytambo Expedition Serviceback to Ollantaytambo and the bus to Cusco. We are finally in Cusco at approximately 10:30 pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pre-departure briefing at the office in Cusco
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to Marcocasa .
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks. Our tents are 3-season, highly maintained to ensure an excellent performance in field. Kailas, Pro Aconcagua and Rei 4 Outfitter tents are employed when double accommodation is requested.
- One sleeping pad per person.
- 1 Blanket. Or Liner.
- One pillow per person.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 10 people)
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 4
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 7kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag) – days 1 to 4
- 1 emergency horse every 8 persons – days 1 to 3
- Accommodation for all our staff
- Meals (4B, 4L, 4D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- Bio-degradable dishwashing detergents used by our kitchen staff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- One way bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu on day 4
- Expedition Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco. Upgrade to Vistadome or Hiram Bingham service, availability upon request.
- Transfer from train station to the hotel in Cusco
El Tour a machu picchu NO INCLUYE:
- First breakfast on day one.
- Lunch on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Walking Sticks
- Sleeping bag: you may rent it from us. Our sleeping bags are -20ºC-comfort (0ºF), mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips.
Mas Tours a Machu Picchu:
Tour Machu Picchu y Huayna Picchu 2D/1N
Este tour le ofrece la visita del sitio arqueologico mas Importante toda Sudamerica, Machu Picchu en un solo día puede recorrer los principales lugares de este santuario ...Ver Tour!
Tour a Machu Picchu Peru 5D/4N
Con este paquete de viaje a cusco, visitara las ruinas de cusco, valle sagrado de los incas, la misteriosa ciudad inca de Machu picchu y finalmente Maras MorayVer Tour!