Sacred Valley Tour and Machu Picchu 2 Days
2 Days Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu is a classic journey that takes you through the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu on bus and train to Aguas calientes. From Cusco we will pass through the Sacred Valley, visiting some very important Inca archaeological sites, as well as the typical artisan market of Pisac. Stop for lunch buffet in Urubamba, and then explore the Inca city of Ollantaytambo (the only people who kept the customs of the Incas) and its archaeological center. In the afternoon, we will take the train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo. After a night in a Hotel, we will start the tour the next day with a magic sunset in the city of Machu Picchu. After a day exploring the whole area of Machu Picchu, we will end the day, returning to Ollantaytambo and then to the city of Cusco.
Activities: MACHUPICCHU Connection to the Sacred Valley 2 Days 1 Night
Duration: 2 Days
Months Operation: All year long
Detailed Itinerary - 2-Days Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu Tour
DAY 1.- Sacred valley of the Incas Tours
2-days Machu Picchu Tour commence when we pick you up from your hotel at 8:30 and travel to the sacred valley where we will visit the local market of Pisa an Calca, also we will explore the Inca ruins of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo; We will stop at Urubamba to enjoy the local cuisine and ein the afeternoon we will take the train to Aguas calientes town.
The sacred valley of the Incas is embraced between the Pisaq town and Ollantaytambo town; It is a green and very fertile valley through which is running down the Urubamba River called by the Inca as "Willcamayu". The Incas believed not only that the flow of the Urubamba was inexorably tied to the constellations and the mountain peaks, but also that the river was the earthbound counterpart of the Milky Way. With the river as its source, the fertile valley was a major center of agricultural production for the Incas, who grew native Andean crops such as white corn, coca, potatoes, and other fruits and vegetables in expansive fields and along spectacularly terraced mountain slopes.
Even though the villages of the Sacred Valley, stretching about 100km (62 miles) from Pisac to Ollantaytambo, are highlights of many tourist itineraries and are coveted by hotel developers, they remain starkly traditional.
DAY 2.- Machu Picchu Tour
Machu Picchu "The Lost City of the Incas":
You will visit one of the most important energetic centers of the world: Machu Picchu. Very early we leave the hotel and take the bus for 25 minutes up to Machu Picchu and explore for two hours every important place like: the Agricultural zone, in the Urban zone we will visit the Temple of the Sun, The temple of the mother earth, the Main temple, The temple of the Andean cosmology, the sundial, The green house, the temple of the condor and other important places around Machu Picchu. There is also free time to explore by yourself the zone relax and meditate. Buffet lunch at local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will board the train that will take you back to Cuzco. On arrival, our collaborators will be waiting in the train station, from where we will transfer you to the hotel.
Our Short trip Includes:
- 01 Night at the Hotel in Aguas calientes (2,060 m.a.s.l )
- Assistance by English speaking staff from the beginning till your return.
- Tour to the Sacred valley with local markets and ruins
- Partial tourist ticket or Boleto turistico for City tour & Sacred valley ( Valid for 2 Days )
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred valley ( Optional: vegetarian food as free )
- English speaking guide ( Other languages, upon the request of our customers )
- Round train tickets Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Cusco by Inka Rail OR Peru Rail
- Entrance to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- All bus tickets Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas calientes
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu during 2 to 3 hours
- Personalized service in a transport ( Full equipped )
Our Short trip do NOT Includes:
- International and domestic airfares , local flights can be purchase upon customers request
- Hotel accommodation in Cusco before and after your tour
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes which is 10 soles or $3
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary (Lunch in Aguas calientes)
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña US$25.00 per person
- Upgrade to Vistadome ( Luxury train ) US$ 95 for round trip Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Additional nights of accommodation but can be arranged according to your request
- Travel insurance if something happens during your trip
- Tip for guide and assistance staff which is optional
- Guided tour to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montaña ( Additional cost $ 45 x 2 people )